Objectives of the Program
- M.Sc. Banking and Insurance program aims to provide optimum practical and theoretical knowledge related to Banking and Insurance management and its contribution to the economic development of Zambia.
- To exhibit critical thinking skills to address diverse business challenges and opportunities across the SADC region.
- Prepares them to function on teams on various multidisciplinary problems in the Banking and Insurance sector
- To demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- To exhibit Ethical Behaviour and Social Responsibility
- To recognize the importance of and possess the skills necessary for life-long learning and compete with the best in the field.
- To exhibit competence in the use of technology and information systems in modern organizational operations
- Qualification from any recognized body with a level equivalent to bachelor’s qualification
- Diploma (2 years) from a recognized institution and to possess 10 years of work experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a manager or a team leader position
Structure of the program
|MSC1111||Principles of Management & Organisation Behaviour||19|
|MSC1113||Advanced Business Accounting & Financial Management||19|
|MSC1114||Marketing Principles and Practice||19|
|MSC1116||Business Research Methods & Statistics||19|
|MSB2111||Personal Financial Planning||19|
|MSB2112||Financial Institutions and Markets||19|
|MSB2113||Corporate Insurance Management||19|
|MSB2114||Marketing of Insurance Services||19|
|MSC2115||Research Publication in Journals/e-conference||5|
|MSC2116||Project work Dissertation & Defense||40|
Credit System: One credit represents 10 notional hours of learning. This learning includes classroom, supervised and self-directed hours, assessment time, workplace training, assignment writing, online learning and fieldwork. A normal year of fulltime study (including contact hours and self-directed hours) is 1200 hours (120 credits). Any variation in hours from this requires specific justification. Similarly, any variation from 120 ZQF credits in one fulltime year requires specific justification. Credit units shall not be used for awarding qualifications under the ZQF.
Students applying to Bachelor of Business Administration program at TAU Zambia campus are selected on the basis of their academic, personal, and extracurricular abilities. Each student will be assessed based on the educational background, age, and intended course of study. Additionally, students must have the intellectual, physical, and emotional capacities to meet the requirements of a successful career in their respective fields.
Please provide details below and we will mail you the details for Tuition Fees and Scholarships.
What Do You Gain?
- Formulate an integrative business project through the application of multidisciplinary knowledge
- Describe the function of marketing, the strategic marketing process, consumer behavior, and how marketing contributes to organizational growth and customer value.
- Familiar with current digital technologies and Information Technology (IT) management trends.
- Employ effective cross-cultural communication
- Skills to generate novel and value-creating products, processes, or organizational forms
- Communicate logically constructed and relevant oral and written arguments and information
- Demonstrate awareness of economic, environmental, political, legal, and regulatory contexts of global business practice
- Employ financial decision models to select appropriate projects for a business enterprise and manage firm growth through strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, international expansion, and new venture development.
- Learners will be able to apply resource optimization by understanding various costs
- Define the key elements needed to measure and report on project scope, schedule, and cost performance
- Outline the development of information systems in knowledge areas of Project Management
- Total 16 weeks in the Trimester (2 courses per trimester)
- 4 Modules Per Course, 3 Units per Module & 6 (5-7) Chapters in each Unit = (4*3*6)= 72 Chapters
- Instructional hours through University Campus: Per course 14 hours (2hrs x 1days x 7 weeks)
- Suggestive Lecture Duration: 1 Module in two Classes (2 hrs per class/ per week)
- (Live Lectures – Other than Lusaka Students will receive the transmission of the weekly lectures at the Facility Centre or LMS platform (as per the availability) and shall also have the privilege to join at TAU Campus for any ongoing class at their convenience)
A candidate has to pass both formative assessment and summative assessment. The candidate should secure at least 50 % of total marks in internal as well as external examinations to clear each block.
- Internal assessment comprises 40 % and Final assessment comprises 60% weightage.
- A candidate has to pass both internal assessment and external assessment.
- The candidate should secure at least 50 % of total marks in internal as well as external examinations to clear each block.
|Assessment per Course||Weightage|
|Unit Tests for each Module (12 x 2%)||24%|
|Forum (1 x 4%)||4%|
|Case Study (1 x 8%)||8%|
|Attendance (1 x 4%)||4%|
Why Choose Us?
- Uniquely Designed Learning Methodology
- Outcome Based Academic Delivery
- Continuous Academic Support
- Enhanced Learning Management Systems
- Technology Enabled Services
- Block Based Learning, Dedicated learning of one subject at a time, focuses on more immersed learning
- Capstone Project, promote integrated learning and understand the connections between various subjects
- Article review promote critical thinking and analytical skills among the learners
- Contextual Project Work, gives an opportunity to the students to relate what is being taught into the context of the real world, and thus eliminating the questions of “Why do I need to learn this stuff?”
MSc Banking and Insurance degree groom you as future managers to help you handle business issues. This course offers you the required knowledge to meet the challenges of the globally changing scenarios. The program will help you find innovative ways to achieve a competitive advantage. This course will train you to be compatible with the corporate sector in the below-mentioned jobs.
- Financial Risk Manager
- Business Analyst
- Internal Auditor
- Credit Analyst
- Loan Officer
- Development Officer
- Insurance Surveyors
- Investment Professionals