Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
You can do a PhD in nursing with minimum effort if you have a remote nursing job. Remote nursing jobs don’t require you to travel to a hospital or doctor’s office. Many nursing tasks can be delegated to them, even if a nurse cannot do all their duties remotely. A proper remote nursing job will allow a nurse to work from a place of their choice. Some hybrid remote nurses will attend to the patient at home part-time, and other nursing work from home. Informatics Remote Nurses encourage and enable information technology, software, and mobile apps to deliver medical care to patients. Legal Remote Nurse Consultants help you with legal issues connected to accidents, physical violence, and resulting disabilities.
It may be a big surprise for many nurses to know that you can do a PhD in nursing with minimum effort if you have a remote nursing job. If you are a nurse with a postgraduate degree in nursing, it is time to consider reaching the highest level of education you can attain.
The most common reason for not pursuing a higher qualification, such as a PhD program in nursing, is a lack of time and energy after a day of hard work at a hospital. If this is also why you aren’t able to do a PhD in nursing, don’t worry; you can become a remote nurse and pursue your ambitions without hindrances. Remote nursing jobs don’t require you to travel to a hospital or a doctor’s office. Technology and access to high-speed broadband service make it feasible to work from your home. It will keep your energy level high enough to do an online PhD program in nursing.
What is a Remote Nurse Job?
If you are doing some of the typical Nurse’s work from home, you are a remote nurse. It may sound funny, but it is accurate. It is the simplest definition of a remote nurse. There can be many variations, such as working part-time for example. Many nursing tasks can be delegated to them, even if a nurse cannot do all of their duties remotely. Covid-19 has shown us how this is possible.
Here are a few nursing roles that are ideally suited for remote nurses. Most jobs are performed using a cell phone (or wireline). The Nurse’s job becomes a little easier to handle if the patient has access to video conferencing devices and internet access.
Overall, a remote nurse’s work involves:
- Examining a patient’s history.
- Evaluating the current condition.
- Ordering simple tests.
- Preparing a report for the doctor’s (or a specialist’s) view.
A nurse will not always redirect the patient to the most appropriate specialists based on the doctor’s advice. Here are a few roles best suited for remote nurse jobs.
- Collecting and Recording Data
The job involves talking to the patient and recording their complaints. During the process, nurses will look into the patient’s health history and the treatment they have received. Since computers are used for most of the data gathering and recording process, the Nurse will be required to be technologically adept and at ease with utilizing software and applications.
Nurses who are well versed in using one or more medical software can take up this job. You must have good listening abilities and a keen eye for details as a nurse. Often, the doctor will depend on the records you record to diagnose diseases and conditions if the patient is also going to get medical advisory remotely. In short, you will be the first interface between the doctor and the patient.
- Keeping Track of Patient Progress
Many hospitals nowadays assign tracking and patient progress evaluation to remote nurses. Their solemn duty is to ensure that patients follow the physician’s treatment. They report all the findings concisely and understandably to the doctor. Remote nurses may have to work odd hours remaining at their homes.
In a large hospital setting with multiple specialties and dozens of doctors working around the clock, nurses must work shifts to help physicians and surgeons. It can be challenging work, but it’s worth considering that you will be paid better. If you want a lighter job, you can do remote work for an independent consultant doctor. The advantage is that you will know your doctor well and give your best to your patients.
- Giving a Helping Hand to Patients at Home
As qualified remote nurses, nurses can advise their patients (they cannot substitute for a doctor) if it falls within their knowledge domain. It can be as simple as wound dressing or administering IV drugs. Some hybrid remote nurses will attend to the patient at home part-time and carry out other nursing work from home.
7 Remote Nursing Jobs Fit for those planning to do a PhD in Nursing
A proper remote nursing job will allow a nurse to work from a place of their choice. The workplace will be detached from a hospital or a doctor’s office. Here are 7 jobs that are considered genuine remote nursing jobs.
- Case Manager Remote Nurses: Their main job is advising patients and guiding them to process insurance claims. Case managers will also liaise with the insurance company on your behalf and help the insurer decide the correct claim amount.
- Triage Remote Nurses: Triage nurses provide patient support using the telephone. They are helpful when patients can’t reach a hospital or a healthcare facility immediately. Nurses with prior experience and communication skills can take up this job. To become a triage nurse, you must be a qualified nurse.
- Informatics Remote Nurses: Many people, not even those in the nursing profession, know there are specialist nurses called informatics nurses. Their primary job is to encourage and enable information technology, software, and mobile apps to deliver medical care to patients. If you are tech-savvy, you are ideally suited to become a remote informatics nurse.
- Freelance Medical Writer Nurses: If you have good communication skills (especially writing), you can become a remote writing nurse. As a writer nurse, you will write for hospital websites, news articles about medicine and surgery, and self-care or home remedy blogs. This job does not require you to travel or meet patients. Freelance writer jobs are in great demand worldwide.
- Remote Online Remote Nursing Educator: Information technology, easy access to the internet, and inexpensive cameras (and mobile phones) make it possible to deliver lessons related to nursing. You can also use social media to provide lessons. You can apply for this job if you are qualified and have some teaching experience in a nursing college. You will not be required to travel or meet your students.
- Legal Remote Nurse Consultants: Legal nurses are in great demand, and if you have a diploma or a related qualification in law, then this job will work for you. You can start your website or work for a lawyer. Lawyers will use your services in legal issues connected to accidents, physical violence, and resulting disabilities.
- Remote Nurse Recruited: Nurses are in great demand, and most hospitals have trouble finding the right kind of nurses in the correct numbers. You can use your experience in talent hunting for nurses if you are a qualified nurse. Nurses with expertise in interviewing potential nurse candidates are a good fit for the job. You can work from your home most of the time.
Great Places to Join Online PhD in Nursing
Taksha SmartLabz and The University of Central Nicaragua (TSL – UCN) offer online PhD programs in nursing. If you have a postgraduate degree in nursing, you will be admitted to join their Online PhD in nursing. TSL – UCN is a quality institution, and its PhD degrees are widely accepted worldwide.
You can visit their website and submit your inquiry to learn more about the minimum qualification required and course content. Once you initiate the process by submitting an online query, you will receive all the information about the PhD program.
Admission is made on a first-come, first-served basis. Apply today itself and reserve your admission to the program.
Remote Nursing Jobs don’t require you to travel to a hospital or doctor’s office.— Texila DBLP (@TexilaDBLP) October 21, 2022
The workplace will be detached from a hospital or a doctor’s office.
Read more: https://t.co/OhF66jRunj#PhD #Nursing #NursingJobs #RemoteJobs #TexilaAmericanUniversity #TakshaSmartLabz #UCN pic.twitter.com/ysH25FHr7U