Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
EMBA program enables you to develop leadership skills and understand the systematic process of planning required to implement business solutions and international business protocols. An MBA develops the skillsets required for business management. It covers general business principles, economics, marketing, accounting, and finance. It accelerates your business acumen and network with like-minded professionals. MBA and EMBA program differ in curriculum, structure and duration and opens up several job opportunities. Both have their unique advantages and disadvantages. If you are a working professional looking to gain hands-on exposure to boost career growth within a short duration, an EMBA program will be suitable for you. TSL-UCN offers online EMBA and MBA programs. Choose the one which best suits your requirement.
- What Is an EMBA?
- What Is an MBA Degree?
- What Are the Major Differences Between EMBA and MBA?
- Why Should You Choose EMBA over MBA?
- In What Ways EMBA is Better Than an MBA Degree?
For working graduates, who have a dream to grow in their career and master their role, it is essential to understand the difference between a master of business administration (MBA) and an Executive MBA (or EMBA). An Executive MBA degree can open up doors for numerous lucrative and progressive opportunities. MBA and EMBA programs have their own set of curriculum and advantages. But which is the best? Let’s figure that out.
What Is an EMBA?
The Executive MBA program offered at Taksha Smartlabz in association with the University of Central Nicaragua (TSL-UCN) inculcates the graduates’ leadership skills by stimulating their knowledge in the multiple functional fields of management from top to bottom. The systematic process of planning to the matriculate implementation of a business project is included in the executive MBA courses.
EMBA program provides an in-depth understanding of international business protocols and enables students to challenge global leaders with a high level of knowledge and confidence. Especially, the working professionals looking for a propulsive opportunity to take their career ahead should gain tremendous benefit from EMBA.
Features of the EMBA Program
- Enables students to implement result-driven critical business solutions.
- Students will gain knowledge to run multiple business organizations.
- Executive MBA courses cater to fiscal practices with the analysis of various financial reports.
- The research abilities of students will be elevated with the EMBA program.
What Is an MBA Degree?
A Master of Business Administration or MBA is a simple business degree program for graduates who want to learn generic managerial and leadership skills. An MBA degree program covers a plethora of general business principles, including economics, marketing, accounting, and finance. In a nutshell, the MBA is a snippet of business and management skills. It is a program to accelerate your business acumen and network with like-minded professionals.
Features of the MBA Program
- It is a general study of all the management aspects.
- MBA is a balanced study of hard and soft skills.
- Original US MBA degree program is for two years, including a summer internship, whereas a one-year MBA program is also available.
- MBA lays down a platter of networking in front of the students.
What Are the Major Differences Between EMBA and MBA?
The difference between MBA and Executive MBA is a very thinly sliced from the outer perspective. But, when you dig deeper and study EMBA vs. MBA side by side, you can peel each layer of difference between MBA and Executive MBA to understand the broader picture. The basic comparison pointers in EMBA vs. MBA are –
- Learning Approach
- MBA is a balanced study program where theoretical and practical shreds of various business and management concepts are touched. In the two years of the program at TSl-UCN, students will be allowed to learn in the classroom and summer internship program also.
- EMBA program is a practical course for graduates who want to gain practical traits of managers, leaders, executors, and other professionals. Executives MBA courses prepare students to implement real business decisions with their analytical and confident approach.
- Type of Course
- MBA is a full-time degree program, which demands full commitment and dedication from the students. You have to take a career break to complete your MBA degree.
- EMBA program is a part-time course designed particularly for the people who want to work and study simultaneously. Depending on the Executive MBA courses and schools, students can easily adjust the class curriculum related to their work schedules.
- Program Duration
- One major difference between the MBA and Executive MBA can be recorded from the program duration perception also. MBA is a complete degree program with two years of duration, including a summer internship. However, you have the option to enroll in the one-year program also.
- Executive MBA is a short and part-time study program with a standard duration of one year, which is highly suitable for working professionals.
- Class Structure
- MBA is a full-time study program for a bachelor’s degree. Thus, the class structure is bit rigid, and students have to attend classes throughout the academic year because various subjects are touched in the program.
- An Executive MBA degree is a part-time training course, so students only have to attend fewer classes over the weekends or as per their schedule. A student doesn’t have to alter his or her entire lifestyle to attend EMBA program classes.
- Admission Eligibility Criteria
- To get admission to an MBA degree program at TSL-UCN, students have to hold a bachelor’s degree in business, management, or other related fields. Plus, students might have to clear the entrance exam as per different business schools.
- Students can get admission to Executive MBA courses with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Along with the condition of substantial years of prior work experience or graduation completion period, which can vary from university to university.
- Ideal Profession
In the difference between MBA and Executive MBA, it is clearly evident that students who want to get a job in business organizations and adopt the role as management professionals should pick an MBA. But, people who want to elevate their practical skills to boost their careers without compromising their careers should enroll in the EMBA program.
Why Should You Choose EMBA over MBA?
In the difference between MBA and Executive MBA, we have seen that Executive MBA courses are ideal for working professionals. But, still, there’s a lingering question why EMBA vs. MBA battle push is working professionals towards Executive MBA more.
Completion of EMBA vs. MBA
EMBA can be completed even sooner than the MBA as it is a one-year program. That’s because only selective subjects are included in the EMBA curriculum. By eliminating supplementary courses, EMBA students can focus on the core topics only.
Comfortable Learning Environment for Working Professionals
Mostly, working professionals in the mid-thirties or early fifties go for EMBA classes. Whereas, MBA classes are full of fresh graduates who are still looking for a job. So, it might be a little uncomfortable for some professionals to learn in the fresher class. Thus, in an EMBA program, professional students can interact with some like-minded people of the same age group, which is good for confidence.
EMBA Comes with High ROI
Some degrees often leaves students in the pile of debt, but EMBA even provides better salary and career opportunities. Once professionals have completed an EMBA degree, they can demand raise or promotion. EMBA comes with the guarantee of paying off your loans and cover the cost of degree completion.
No Need to Halt Your Career
If you already have a decent paying job and family obligations, you never want to put your career on hold for a year or two to complete an MBA. Thus, the major difference between the MBA and Executive MBA is that students can work and study together. Executive MBA courses are often school evenings or weekends as per the individual’s preference.
How Can the EMBA Help You Grow in Your Career?
If you are a working professional, you should learn the difference between MBA and Executive MBA to understand how the EMBA program can help you professionally. With the EMBA degree at Taksha smartlabz in association with the University of Central Nicaragua (TSL-UCN), one working professional can accelerate his or her career in multiple ways:
- You will add an extra degree to your profile, which can improve your salary and position in the company.
- You can prepare yourself to take on major responsibilities and roles in the industry.
- Executive MBA helps in enriching your professional circle with diverse, talented, and successful people.
- EMBA class is full of multicultural and multi-industry students, which allows you to learn new things from your classmates.
- You will be exposed to real-life business problems; this helps you develop an analytical thinking attitude to handle adverse problems.
How Can the MBA Help You Grow in Your Career?
When you pursue MBA courses, you can experience following improvements in your career:
- MBA is an internationally recognized degree program, so you can apply for overseas jobs.
- You have attainted multiple skills in the MBA program, which can attract more employers.
- Due to the basic knowledge of all the business and management services, you can easily adapt to different departments’ work styles.
- MBA graduates are great team players, which helps in building a good team.
What Can Be Done with an EMBA Degree?
The difference between the MBA and Executive MBA also applies to diverse career paths. Executive MBA degree holder has a plethora of career opportunities ahead, such as:
- Marketing Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Project Management
- Human Resource Expert
- Operational Head
- Healthcare Professional
What Can Be Done with an MBA Degree?
If you pick up the MBA path after studying the EMBA vs. MBA content, you have the following career paths to explore:
- Business Operational Manager
- Financial Manager
- Medical Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Database Administrator
In What Ways EMBA is Better Than an MBA Degree?
While exploring the difference between MBA and Executive MBA, we have unveiled numerous layers of MBA and EMBA programs. Both programs have their own pros and cons. But, if you are working professional who want to gain additional practical skills to boost your career, EMBA at TSL-UCN is better than the MBA for you, because:
- You don’t have to quit your job;
- EMBA won’t put a financial burden on you;
- You can grow in your career; and
- EMBA classes hold over weekends or evenings only.