Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Individual Cameroonians who are already working in the healthcare system of Cameroon can contribute to nation-building by upgrading their education. With a Master’s degree in public health, they assure of better positions in the healthcare delivery chain. Master’s degrees in Public Health will make them more employable than those without one. The program will make the student a multi-role healthcare worker. It is possible to complete the course online. The advantages of doing MPH online are many. Taksha Smartlabz in association with University of Central Nicaragua ( TSL-UCN) follows a simple and friendly procedure for admission. To start the admission process, send the university an email detailing the online program for which you are applying. You can contact the university’s counselor if you need assistance filling out the form. TAU extends all possible services for aspiring students to join their online programs. Apply for MSc public health degree program today and set the ball rolling for a bright future.
- How the Health Care System Works in Cameroon
- Opportunities for Aspiring Individuals to Become Healthcare Specialists
- Things to Know Before Joining a Masters in Public Health Program
- Texila American University’s (TAU) Masters in public health distance learning Programs
The Government of Cameroon faces stumbling blocks in realizing stated goals because of health care professional shortage. Cameroon is a welfare state, so it spends a substantial amount of its budget on improving the health of its citizens. It focuses on education and recruiting new doctors and other related professionals to improve health care in the country. The government is therefore building new capacities by identifying and tracking the healthcare education system in the country. These and other efforts expect to improve the availability of good quality healthcare.
The next few years are essential for the healthcare sector of Cameroon. The government has found a wide disparity between the availability of healthcare workers and the actual requirements. The other important information that has come to light is the disparity between the different provinces within the country.
How the Health Care System Works in Cameroon
The primary responsibility of delivering healthcare to its people is vested with the Ministry of Public Health. Most of the healthcare assets are with the ministry. The average availability of doctors is two per 10,000 people. The shortage is so acute that many people depend on nurses and other paramedical staff who are not adequately qualified to deliver medical services. It is, therefore, not rare to see people patronizing private hospitals for medical treatment.
Most private hospitals are unaffordable for the majority of the population. It is the view that the easiest way out for the country to correct the situation is by focusing on quality medical education.
Opportunities for Aspiring Individuals to Become Healthcare Specialists
Individual Cameroonians who are already working in the healthcare system of Cameroon can contribute to nation-building by upgrading their education. If you have dreams for your country and personal attainment, then you can do a Master’s in Public Health and help the nation in your way. Your education will help you deliver superior quality healthcare to Cameroon’s poorest of the poor.
Here are a few personal reasons to do a Master’s in Public Health program besides your commitment to serving the people of Cameroon.
- With a master’s in public health, You can be sure that you will get better healthcare leadership roles. The focus of the healthcare industry is on better quality of education from quality universities and medical institutes. Some top posts for MSc public health include healthcare managers, healthcare advisors, and teaching jobs in a college.
- Your credentials consider insufficient if you do not earn enough money as a healthcare worker. You can rise up the career path with MSc in public health and get better pay and perks. Your work, too, will be less strenuous because others in lower ranks will support you. If you, for example, get a manager’s job in the USA, you can expect to make as much as $119,450.
- You will shoulder more responsibilities as a postgraduate in public health. Your postgraduate qualification will encourage your employer to vest your will powers to oversee necessary project implementation. It is a distinct possibility that with this qualification, you may end up as the head of a healthcare facility in Cameroon. What you will get in return are rewards, titles, and even new project responsibilities. You can even expect to land a few assignments abroad on behalf of the Cameroon Government.
- MSc public health degree programs emphasize imparting complete knowledge and experience to your current qualifications. You will explore your domain knowledge, particularly in managing healthcare facilities. Master in Public Health has many specialties; you can take your pick.
- A master’s in Public Health degree will make you more employable than without one. It will make you a multi-role healthcare worker. You can become a teacher in a college or choose to work among patients in far-flung areas of Cameroon. The options are broad, and opportunities are plenty. As you rise to the echelon, you can devote more time to family.
These are a few benefits that an MSc public health degree can give. As your network grows, you can expect to reach the pinnacle.
Things to Know Before Joining a Masters in Public Health Program
The benefits you will get after completing the postgraduate program are immense. You must be ready to put in creative effort and devote extra hours. The good thing about the program is you can also do it as an online course for public health students. Here are the advantages of doing a master’s in public health online.
The main reason for recommending an online program is that you can keep your current job and improve your academic attainment. Cost-wise, online programs cost less than campus education. There is no compromise on the quality standards for distance learning public health programs.
Below is a brief overview of the content of the MPH (Master of Public Health) program.
Epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, public health policy, social and behavioral health, research methodology, occupational health, public health nutrition, global health and disaster management, and project work are some topics covered in the introduction to public health practice.
Texila American University’s (TAU) Masters in public health distance learning Programs
Here are a few advantages of joining the TAU’s programs compared to other online universities.
- You don’t have to attend a campus regularly. You will receive most of the lessons via email or digital media. For practical, you will report to the campus.
- The Master in public health online program is open to students from all over the world. A student needs an internet connection and a laptop or personal computer to do the program.
- The syllabus and curriculum for distance learning public health programs are the same for regular campus students. TAU has a reputation for upholding the best standards across its course offerings.
- The university’s central selling point is its highly qualified faculty. They come from multiple backgrounds with experience in academia and industry. It is an advantage that no serious student should overlook.
- All programs follow best practice methods that help students face challenges related to public health. It empowers professionals to act swiftly in case of severe epidemics like Covid 19.
To join MSc public health, prospective students must have a Bachelor’s degree in Science or any other bachelor’s degree followed by at least two years of experience in the field of Science. The preferred student is one, who has good academic attainments, good interpersonal skill, possesses intellectual, physical, and emotional stability, and a strong desire to excel in all endeavors.
- TAU follows a simple, friendly procedure for admission. To start the admission process, send the university an email detailing the online program for which you are applying. In case you need assistance filling out the form, you can seek the help of the university’s counselor.
- After completing the preliminary procedure, you must submit the necessary credentials and papers, along with the prescribed fee. After this, the university will convey its decision letter.
TAU extends all possible assistance for aspiring students to join their online programs.
Apply for MSc public health degree program today itself and set the ball rolling for a bright future.
Individual Cameroonians who are already working in the healthcare system of Cameroon can contribute to nation-building by upgrading their education.— Texila DBLP (@TexilaDBLP) September 7, 2022
Read more: https://t.co/b9x26QWNvT#MPH #PublicHealth #Cameroon #OnlineLearning #TexilaAmericanUniversity #TakshaSmartLabz #UCN