Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
If you have a bright mind and you are passionate about teaching and wish to go up the career ladder, then you should consider doing PhD in Education. Being meticulous and skilled in managing is another quality that is important for doing PhD. As a passionate person involved in education and intending to do a PhD program, you will be required to commit yourself to become a lifetime learner. You have probably decided to do a PhD; otherwise, you wouldn’t be reading this. There are a few things you need to know about doing the doctorate. First a Bachelor’s degree in education followed by a master’s degree from a recognized institution is a must. Next, you will have to prepare for an entrance exam and get admitted to the program. Texila American University (TAU) is a popular university for those with a master’s degree for joining the online PhD in Education. It is a minimum of three years to complete and come out successfully. During the program go through the BRICS model course at the TAU and create a dissertation topic. The topic should be original research. Your dissertation and research will be thoroughly examined by academic mentors. Finally, the research paper will be published. After getting your PhD, a whole new world of opportunities will open up for you. You can become a principal of a school or join a college as a senior professor or take up any profession related to academy and teaching.
Are you passionate about teaching? Do you want to transform the education system of your country? With a PhD in Education, you will get the opportunity to do so.
Another benefit of a PhD is that they will place your name in the halls of educational laureates one day. Get to be part of the elite class who have made a difference in the education system.
By joining TAU (Texila American University), you will get an opportunity to be part of the finest educational institution. Cannot move from your home country? Do not worry; TAU has a distance learning PhD you can take online.
This article will help you learn everything there is to know about what a PhD in education programs entails. By the end, you will see if the program will suit your needs.
Things you need to know before starting a PhD in Education
There are many aspects and requirements one has to have to apply for a PhD in Education. Let’s learn about each of them one by one-
1)Have a bright mind: Doing a PhD is the highest degree, and qualification one can meet. Only 2.5 percent of colleges provide this level of academic accreditation and even less for PhD in education programs.
Most opt for distance PhDs because of their convenience and the number of options you get.
Very few have the high level of thinking and mindset to reach such academic heights.
Do you have what it takes, then apply for a distance learning PhD from TAU?
2)Be Passionate: Being an educator and consulting institution is a huge responsibility. You are responsible for a curriculum and setting learning guidelines for hundreds if not thousands of students. A level of sensitivity but also a disciplined understanding of the learning process is required.
3)Be meticulous with your work: Being in education management, you must set up a framework incorporating many aspects. Even one small error or miscalculation can have unforeseen consequences in an educational institute. Having a PhD in education leadership means more responsibilities which only makes the job more fulfilling.
4) A perpetual learner: While a PhD in Education is the highest learning course there is. The process of learning never stops, and that is the beauty of it. Education is a field that is ever-growing and evolving with the world.
New ideas come to life frequently, and you have to incorporate them into a curriculum. To ensure students are always ready and prepared for the rest of their lives.
5) Great Management Skills: Running an educational institution is all about management and teamwork. Managing teachers, students, and parents is all part of your job when working in the field.
Here are just a few qualities and learning you will have for a PhD in education programs at TAU.
What does it take to earn a PhD in Education?
Getting a PhD in Education can be a long and winding process.
Here’s a brief breakdown of what are the steps required to get to a PhD degree-
- You have to obtain a bachelor’s degree in Education from a select college.
- You would have to then prepare for the entrance exams and get accepted into a college.
- You would have to select either doing a master’s or a PhD from a specified college. Generally, it is ideal to do a master’s. TAU university requires a minimum master’s degree for PhD in Education Online
- At TAU, it can take up to 3 years or more after getting a master’s degree.
Getting more specific, a PhD in Education program requires you to:
- Go through the BRICS model coursework at TAU.
- Create a dissertation topic and original research on it.
- Your Dissertation will be challenged thoroughly and examined by the academic mentors.
- Finally, the study will get published for everyone to see and read.
Scope of PhD in Education
After getting your distance PhD from TAU, doors will get open for the following Jobs-
1) A University Professor– If you feel that teaching is your passion, then being a professor is the best job there is. With a PhD degree, you can quickly join the finest universities in India. Expect a minimum pay scale of 1 lakh rupees right after college.
2) School teacher or Principal- School teachers and principals have changed many people who study in the educational field. They have helped them in their formative years, which is why many are passionate about the subject.
Become a principal and be the guide for other students.
3) Education Consultant- Many schools and other institutions need people who can come in to fill managerial positions. PhD in educational leadership is the best way to reach the top.
You will be required to do the following as a consultant.
- Train teachers in the new changes happening in the educational curriculum.
- Work with guidance counselors to create a curriculum best for a child’s growing mind.
- Create educational programs online for students and teachers to follow.
- Survey the student’s capabilities and the effectiveness of programs.
- Work with the colleges to ensure students get to fill the positions.
4) Government jobs- The Ministry of Education constantly looks for bright and talented people to reform the education system. A PhD in Education will allow you to be at the forefront of many education state boards.
A government job provides you stability and has many other benefits included like:
- Subsidized healthcare
- Government allowances
- Flexible hours and much more
5) Chief Learning Officer (CLO)- Many large private firms are looking for people with a doctorate in Education to conduct training programs.
You will be required to work in different exciting fields like Information Technology, banking, and other sectors. A CLO ensures that employees are aware of new changes and technologies.
You will get an opportunity to work in the biggest firms in the world.
Does a PhD In Education have any Scope Abroad?
Yes, having a PhD in Education ensures that you can immigrate to almost any country. You can get any job that we mentioned in the previous section with higher pay.
The need for great educators is much higher abroad, and Indians with PhDs are at the top of the ladder.
An average pay scale for people with PhD in education programs in the US are-
- Average professor salary- 100,000 USD
- Average School Principal pay- 57,000 USD
- Average US Department of Education salary -112,724 USD
- Average Chief Learning Officer (CLO) salary- 120k – 350k USD
- Average Education Consultant salary- 35,000 USD
A doctorate in online education programs from TAU Zambia is one quick way to gain credibility and success.
Getting a PhD in Education is the maximum accreditation you can achieve. Applying for one can help you maximize your professional career and be at the top echelon of brightest minds.
It can be a vital goal for you to achieve and be professionally at the top of your capabilities.
If you are reading this, you know about the importance of Education and its transformative effect. But one can be hesitant of the challenge that lies ahead.
However, some people even manage to fast-track their PhD and finish it before the duration.
Enroll today for a PhD in Education at TAU Zambia!! They also provide PhD in Education online for people who can’t be on campus.