Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
EMBA is designed for experienced professionals looking for professional growth, developing interpersonal skills, leadership traits and networking. The curriculum is similar to MBA but with importance to practical approach and specializations in social and economic sciences, corporate policy and strategy, information systems, entrepreneurial learning, accounting and finance, HR management and marketing. It focuses on enhancing your knowledge of business functioning and facilitates a smooth transition to high-paying jobs. Students with a bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience in managerial or supervisory positions are eligible to join online EMBA programs with TAU.
- What is an Executive MBA in India?
- Executive MBA India Eligibility
- Executive MBA Course
- The Difference Between MBA and Executive MBA in India
- Who Can Do EMBA?
- Importance of Executive MBA in India
- Future of EMBA in India
- Why Pursue Executive MBA Online in India?
- Completing Executive MBA Online in India
Without an executive MBA degree, many professionals stay trapped in the same job role. Since employers prefer an EMBA executive or a professional with a managerial degree, the growth graph of non-MBA candidates declines after some time. If you are experiencing the same phase professionally, it is time to enroll for an executive MBA in India.
According to GMAC, 19% of professionals are already applying for EMBA programs. To pick the pace and accelerate career growth, read on. We have discussed everything you need to know about an executive MBA in India. Find out the importance and benefits of this degree.
What is an Executive MBA in India?
An executive MBA in India is a PG program that is designed for working professionals. If you need to improve your managerial skills and business acumen in your industry or area of work, EMBA helps you stay relevant in your job role and market.
Since an EMBA is a course curated for working professionals who already have some working experience, it is a short course or a part-time or online course.
Executive MBA India Eligibility
Similar to your regular MBA program, an executive MBA distance learning requires some basic eligibility. For example, work experience, etc. These factors define the entire selection process of EMBA. Let’s see the eligibility criteria for an executive MBA for working professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree completed with 50%. Many online and offline MBA schools do not have minimum percentage criteria.
- At least two years of experience in an executive or managerial position. However, part-time or internship-type experience is not considered in various online and offline MBA schools.
Executive MBA Course
During executive MBA distance learning, most of the subjects are similar to full-time MBA, but these are delivered in a dedicated manner. More focus is offered to hands-on experience, specialization, etc.
- Strategy and competition
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Corporate finance
- Decision sciences
- Entrepreneurial management
- People and performance management
- Business law
- Managerial economics
- Marketing management
- Corporate ethics and governance
- Operations management
- Marketing management
Executive MBA in India has a few elective courses as well:
- Social and economic sciences
- Corporate policy and strategy
- Information systems and decision sciences
- Entrepreneurial learning
- Accounting and finance
- HR management
The Difference Between MBA and Executive MBA in India
Here are a few differences between Regular MBA and EMBA:
|Regular MBA||Executive MBA|
|Salary||5-9 Lakhs||9-15 lakhs|
|Duration||2 years||1 year|
|Knowledge||Deep insights into advanced level business functioning||Expert knowledge in business functioning|
Who Can Do EMBA?
As an experienced professional, you need the following skills to pursue EMBA:
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and logical capabilities
- Leadership qualities, such as effective administration
- Advanced communication skills
- Interest in gaining more and more knowledge
- Strong IT skills and knowledge
- Impressive chaos management and handling skills
- Understanding of rules, laws, and regulations
Even when you possess all these skills, the decision between regular and executive MBA can be difficult. If you possess more than 5 years of experience, then your expert-level knowledge will come from EMBA. This will give you career growth, skills, deep insights, and leadership qualities. However, as a recently graduated professional, your business acumen can only be improved with a regular MBA degree.
Importance of Executive MBA in India
It is not uncommon to ask, ‘Why executive MBA in India.’
Is an executive MBA worth it?
Due to the time and commitment needed from professionals, these questions are natural. Finding the benefits and importance of EMBA can help you make a decision, so here are the answers to your queries:
The first executive MBA benefit is growth, personally and professionally. With a professional EMBA degree, you can improve your worth, enhance your technical knowledge, and equip yourself with better skills. In essence, your fundamental understanding of functional business areas improves. Your perspective develops and enhances, which ultimately improves your outlook towards a particular job role.
All this leads to better job roles, promotions, and career growth.
In a managerial job role, you need interpersonal skills to survive the competitive landscape. As a result, skills like adaptability, communication, self-awareness, etc., are imperative. During an executive MBA in India, you can develop these skills and use them daily at work. This will lead to improved decisions and better outcomes.
Another important requirement, along with interpersonal skills, is soft skills. You need to develop the capability to speak with your audience confidently and clearly. It is important to show empathy, quick decision-making, and understanding skills. An executive MBA helps you hit the refresh button and learn these skills from a new perspective – from a managerial perspective.
During an executive MBA in India, you will learn leadership qualities above everything. Your leadership qualities are improved throughout your course, hands-on sessions, live learning sessions, and activities to help you adjust in a managerial setting. This is to say that EMBA helps you become an effective leader for your current job role.
Here is what you gain:
- Better communication power. How do you need to talk to your employees? How to communicate with clients? How to talk to superiors?
- Since EMBA offers so much value, it gives your confidence. You become more confident in your knowledge, as a leader, and as a professional.
- For a leader or a professional in a managerial position, it is important to think analytically. Your knowledge of different business areas improves with EMBA, which helps you make educated and data-driven decisions.
- Analyzing workplace glitches and issues and resolving them as soon as possible is one of the major job roles of managerial professionals. An executive MBA in India empowers you to judge your workplace, understand employees’ personal experiences, and solve problems quickly. You learn to act upon it rather than sleep on it.
Today, professionals in managerial roles need to network. They need to know people, learn from them, meet them, help them, and connect. This empowers you to make contacts in the industry, which sooner or later helps you. An EMBA gives you a chance to connect and network with fellow learners. This automatically widens your network a lot.
Future of EMBA in India
The future of professionals with an EMBA degree in India is definitely bright. Since many Indian executives want job security and career growth, an executive MBA will increase your job market worth. Being a professional, you may be able to apply for many job roles, and you will receive many responses from employers due to your EMBA degree.
In fact, many experts also believe that apart from helping you climb the career ladder quickly, EMBA also enables a career shift. You can change your career line slightly with this degree.
Why Pursue Executive MBA Online in India?
The major benefit of an executive MBA online is its convenience. When you enroll for an offline degree, you need to attend sessions once or twice a week in the morning, evening, or weekend.
However, an online program will not expect you to visit the college or campus. You can completely manage your submissions, sessions, and knowledge-intensive learning classes online. This means that you can continue working while studying online. You do not need to leave your current office or shift homes to complete an executive MBA degree.
If you clear the following criteria, then there is no better option than an executive MBA online in India for you:
- You do not stay nearby the offline EMBA university
- You have irregular working hours
- Your work demands emergency sign-ins
- You frequently travel for work
If you have these issues, you cannot complete an offline EMBA degree without leaving your job.
Check these benefits of online EMBA to make the right decision:
- Flexible work schedule
- Comparable study structure to offline courses
- Cost-effective fee structure
Completing Executive MBA Online in India
If you are already thinking about enrolling in an executive MBA online course in India, there is no better option than Texila American University.
TAU is an academic collaboration with the University of Central Nicaragua for an executive MBA course. Therefore, this 1-year course is:
- Planned according to international curriculum
- Offers proficiency and related skills
- Promotes learning of business administration
Like your regular MBA programs, an executive MBA online from TAU prepares you for the professional business world. EMBA offers you job opportunities, career growth, and recognition from the problem-solving ability to advanced decision-making skills. The course is a perfect blend of hands-on expertise and online learning, so you do not even have to leave your current job role.
- Bachelor’s from a well-known university
- 10 years of complete work experience with 3 years of managerial job position (OR)
- 5 years of supervisorial experience
An executive MBA benefits your career by offering you valuable skills, such as leadership, decision-making, problem-solving, communication, etc. You also develop the business acumen to judge and solve team issues quickly.